About "Config" keyword (fwd)

H.-J. Werner werner at tc2.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Sep 6 17:52:58 BST 2001

Hi,
one can only specify "orbital configurations", i.e., the occupancy
for each orbital. The program will then generate all possible
spin-adapted CSFs. It is not possible to use subsets of CSFs
for a given orbital configuration. The input for your example
would read

select
con,2,0,1,1
con,0,2,1,1
con,1,1,1,1

but in fact this would generate all possible CSFs for 3Sig-.

Note that determinants can only be used for CASSCF but not
for selected MCSCF (the select card triggers the use of CSFs).
Also note that the closed-shell (inactive) orbitals are not
included on the con cards as shown above.

Instead of the orbital occupation numbers, one can also
specify the orbitals itself, see e.g.,

testjobs/h2o_explicit.test
testjobs/o3_explicit.test

and the manual.