[molpro-user] Re: Re: molpro on Opteron with SuSe

Andrew Ichimura ichimura at sfsu.edu
Fri May 7 21:01:54 BST 2004

Molpro 2002.6 was recently complied (i8) on my new Opteron system with
SuSe.  All test jobs ran to completion without error.  Now, the program
is behaving oddly.  An input file that ran yesterday fails to complete
today, the only difference being the print options, but the problem
started a week ago.

What exactly are the "unresolved issues" that make the i8 build "less
stable" than the i4 build?

This following has been driving me crazy:

*******
Geometry input for large molecule, C2v symmetry, two states 3B1 followed
by 1A1 MCSCF
basis=vdz
rhf;
wf,140,2,2
occ,31,17,16,7
multi;
occ,140,31,17,16,7          !Essentially an ROHF calc using Multi code
to show that it works,
closed,140,30,16,16,7      ! and it does.
multi;
wf,140,1,0             ! 1A1 singlet state at singlet geometry
occ,31,17,16,7       ! two electron/two orbital CAS;   FAILS HERE!
closed,30,16,16,7
RS2;

Molpro does not read the OCC and CLOSED cards correctly and instead
crashes with the error
"Too many active orbitals"
Number of closed orbitals:  20 ( # of core orbs in each sym)
Number of active orbitals:  96  ( " )

This is the full valence space and clearly not indicated in the input!!!

Any information on this is greatly appreciated!

Andrew

--

Andrew S. Ichimura, Assistant Professor
San Francisco State University