[molpro-user] TCGMSG or MPI

Nick Wilson WilsonNT at Cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Oct 15 10:09:19 BST 2004

Dear Martyn,

It will depend on the interconnect. If you're using a single gigabit
ethernet switch then you will probably see little difference between
tcgmsg and mpich. If you have a more expensive interconnect such as
myrinet then you should be building global arrays on top of mpi.

Running the benchmark suite will give you hard numbers for the different
options.

Best wishes,
Nick Wilson