[molpro-user] linear dependence in basis

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Tue Sep 21 18:51:44 BST 2004

John,

you've got so many very small eigenvalues of the overlap matrix that
I've
got to think either something is wrong with the basis set as you have it
inputted or your initial geometry is incorrect somehow (placing you on
some extremely repulsive part of the potential perhaps).

As it stands Molpro can not recover from this much linear dependency.

-Kirk

Kirk A. Peterson
Professor of Chemistry and Materials Science
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-4630

Office: (509) 335-7867
Fax:    (509) 335-8867