[molpro-user] naming custom basis sets

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jul 4 10:08:58 BST 2006

I don't think you can currently save a basis set definition for the
orbital basis. But you can write your basis definition into a different
file (e.g. mybasis) and include it wherever needed, e.g.

geometry={he}
basis=sto-3g
hf
include mybasis
hf

Or you can put the basis block into a procedure definition:

geometry={he}

procedure loadbasis   !procedure definition
basis={
default,vtz
}
endproc

basis=sto-3g
hf               !hf using sto-3g

loadbasis        !execute procedure loadbasis

hf               !hf using basis vtz (defined in procedure loadbasis)

--
Prof. Hans-Joachim Werner
Institute for Theoretical Chemistry
e-mail: werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de