[molpro-user] Installation issues when installing for a cluster with a Myrinet network

Evgeniy Gromov Evgeniy.Gromov at pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri May 9 17:40:14 BST 2008

Dear Kirk and Gerald Knizia

Thanks a lot for your responses. Indeed some lapack and blas libraries
were missing on the cluster nodes and I had to set up additional
ld_library paths. But unfortunately this had not solved the problem -
it doesn't run anyway. Maybe I do (or did) something wrong, but when
I run it with -v option (i.e. molpro -v) it gives:

cd /tmp/egromov/
long output file:
/home/thor2/egromov/prog/molpro2006.1/pCMe_H2O_vert_6-31G.log
/opt/mpichgm-intel_NEW/bin/mpirun.ch_gm -np 1 --gm-kill 10
/home/thor2/egromov/prog/molpro2006.1/bin/molprop_2006_1_i4_athlon_myrinet.exe
odin.cl1: Connection refused
status=256

and then stops.

Does it look reasonable until "odin.cl1: Connection refused"? What
this "odin.cl1: Connection refused" with "status=256" means I have no
idea. Likely that is the problem. Note that I get this when running
just on one node interactively (the node has 2 processors).

Best,
Evgeniy

Kirk Peterson wrote:
> Dear Evgeniy,
>
> what output do you get when you start molpro with "molpro -v"  ?  You
> could also
> turn on verbose output in mpirun.ch_gm as well (also giving a -v on its
> command line).
>
> best regards,
>
> Kirk
>
> On May 9, 2008, at 6:07 AM, Evgeniy Gromov wrote:
>
>> Dear Kirk,
>>
>> Many thanks for your help! I made the settings
>> in my CONFIG similar to yours and managed to compile
>> the code. However now I am again in troubles as
>> I cannot run any test. It looks like the executable
>> is dead or cannot start as the output and errout
>> files are empty. Did you have something like that
>> when installing the code. Thanks!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Evgeniy
>>
>> Kirk Peterson wrote:
>>> Dear Evgeniy,
>>> I have a very similar cluster and in my case the various (myrinet)
>>> CONFIG options are:
>>> WRAPPER="/opt/mpich/myrinet/gnu/bin/mpirun.ch_gm"
>>> MPI_LIB="/opt/mpich/myrinet/gnu/lib"
>>> MYRINET_LIB="/opt/gm/lib"

E-mail: evgeniy at pci.uni-heidelberg.de