[molpro-user] adding new functional

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Dec 10 14:34:57 GMT 2009

Glen,

You also need to run make in the top level directory to recompile the
Fortran, and here you will find a problem with your change, the hyphen.

The id is used for the input, but also to generate the subroutine name,
and subroutine names in Fortran must not contain '-' character. I just
tried, using underscore instead and it all worked using the following
instructions.

Starting from a fully compiled version of Molpro 2009.1:

cd lib/df
sed -e 's/B97DF/B97-D/g' B97DF.xml > B97-D.xml
make
cd ../..
make

Of course the above generates an identical functional, you will want to
also modify the appropriate parameter in the XML file.

Best wishes,

Andy