[molpro-user] CHANGE to definition of PBE0 in Molpro

Fred Manby fred.manby at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Dec 18 17:12:32 GMT 2009

Dear All

In the email below Wenli pointed out a problem with the Molpro
implementation of PBE0. The problem was almost immediately diagnosed
by Glen Jenness, who wrote:
> Molpro2009 defines PBE0 as 0.75PBEx+0.25HF+1.0PW91c while most other
> codes define it as 0.75PBEx+0.25HF+1.0PBEc.

I have therefore made a patch so that
(1) Typing ks,pbe0 in molpro now uses the correctly defined pbe0
functional.
(2) The old (wrong) version is still available using keyword pbe0mol.

This change has been applied to the development version (2009.2) and
will appear as a patch to 2009.1 as well.

Best wishes

Fred