[molpro-user] all 2008.1 builds crash at beginning with a RemoteCreate error

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 14:07:31 GMT 2009

After following this up it turns out this was due to HOST being
incorrectly determined in the bin/molpro shell script.

There are general problems with this since some shells set HOST as
`hostname -f`. The was worked around in a recent patch but has now
caused problems when the hostname written in /etc/hosts is a fully
qualified address.

I will try to make a patch that takes care of this, but if you
experience such problems it may be easy to fix by experimenting with the
'HOST' variable at the top of the bin/molpro shell script.

Best wishes,

Andy