[molpro-user] Values of SO transition matrix elements in 2008.1 Molpro

jacek klos jklos at umd.edu
Fri May 29 14:39:02 BST 2009

Dear Molpro users/developers.

Here is an example of the calculations of the SO matrix elements for
some excited states of the HF molecule. In Molpro 2008.1 (I checked it
on Mac Intel platform
and on Linux platform) the results from the {ci;tranls,
6052.3,6053.3,0,2,lsx;} commands after
calculations of SO matrix are mostly different than the values of SO
matrix elements printed in the SO matrix.
When I run the input in Molpro 2006, the LS matrix elements from the
tranls command are identical to those
printed in the SO matrix, which should be the case I believe.
I tried similar calculations for the sole halogen atom and I don't get
such inconsistency.
Here is input attached and also outputs from the 2008.1 and 2006.3
versions.
Did I hit a bug  or I do something in the input that is not compatible
with Molpro 2008.1?
Thank you for any suggestions in advance.

Best regards
Jacek