[molpro-user] parallel running molpro 2009.1

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 12:28:28 GMT 2010

Hi John,
     I have looked at your CONFIG file just now. It seems some arguments
are unnecessary. Do you really use slater
type orbital? If not, -slater is unnecessary. In addition, molpro
configure can pick up the right blas library arguments automatically. It
seems -var
LIBS="-L/usr/lib64 -libverbs -lm" is something for high speed
network library (like Infiniband). If you plan to run molpro on just one
box and
without such high speed network, this option is also unnecessary.

The configuration may be something like:
./configure -batch -icc -ifort -mpp -mppbase
/n/home07/jtravers/apps/MYMPI/mpich2-1.3a1/include -blaspath
"/n/sw/intel/mkl/10.1.1.019/lib/em64t
INSTBIN=/n/home07/jtravers/apps/MOLPRO/molpro2009.1.mpich2
-var INSTLIB=/n/home07/jtravers/apps/MOLPRO/molpro2009.1.mpich2/lib

This is for MPI-2 version of Molpro. In addition, you can also try the
Global Arrays version of Molpro, in which GA should be built firstly.

Please refer to the benchmark results for both versions at
http://www.molpro.net/info/bench.php?portal=visitor&choice=Benchmarks

Best wishes,
Manhui