[molpro-user] Lattice point of charges

Ricardo Mata ricardo.mata at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:40:54 BST 2012

Dear Muammar,

In your second calculation, where you place your point charge at 1 Bohr (let's call this P1) and turn your hydrogen atom (let's call this P2) into a ghost, the basis functions are centered on P2. So, although the electron naturally stays at P1, the basis functions are insufficient to describe the electron orbital space. When you place the lattice charge close to your original atom, then the description improves (since now the electron is staying next to your charge and the functions are also located there). This is what should be expected.

Best wishes,
Ricardo