[molpro-user] Transformation of orbitals

george george.iitm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 23:11:42 BST 2013

Hi molpro users

                          is there simple way to transform the orbitals
obtained in a calculation using symmetry to orbitals that can be used in a
no symmetry calculation ?

This of course entails a change of basis from the symmetry adapted to the
C1 basis set, is there a simple way to accomplish this with molpro ?

The reason I want to do this is that I want to calculate frequencies for a
Cs structure and when the program lowers the symmetry to C1  the calculated
energy
is different than that calculated using Cs symmetry ie it converges to a
symmetry broken solution.

Any ideas are welcome