[molpro-user] CASPT2 optg : zmatrix.f:zmat_orient problem

Werner Győrffy gyorffy at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 22 15:21:38 BST 2014

Dear Dani,

Your system has 6 symmetry unique internal coordinates (in C2h
symmetry). The F-P-P-F dihedral is 180 degree which you can keep fixed.
As soon as you do so, your system stays in C2h symmetry during the
entire geometry optimization with numerical differentiation. I have
cleaned up your geometry input as follows

geometry={
  f    1 fp
  p    1 pp    2 ppf
  f    3 fp    1 ppf   2  180.0