[molpro-user] How is Pople correction calculated.

Lorenzo Lodi l.lodi at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 6 18:21:20 CEST 2016

Hello Dawid,
the Pople correction in Molpro is computed in the `standard' way (see
eg. formula 3.32 at page 60 in
http://www.tampa.phys.ucl.ac.uk/ftp/eThesis/LorenzoLodi2009.pdf) and as
'number of electrons' molpro takes the number of correlated electrons
(not necessarily `active': correlated but inactive electrons also count;
ie, correlated core electrons are also counted). Maybe Columbus always
uses the total number of electrons instead? If this is what it does it
looks unreasonable to me.

Lorenzo