EOM-CCSD frequencies

Peter Knowles peterk at tc.bham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 15:36:28 BST 2000

The simple answer to this is that it cannot yet be done. There is code
in the geometry optimizer to use the contents of an arbitrary variable
as the objective function, and to compute numerical
gradients. Unfortunately, the analogous code for frequencies is not
written. It is planned to do it, but, as always, it's in a queue
behind some other things. You might also want to bear in mind that
such numerical frequency computations will be very expensive, and may
suffer from numerical problems arising from the double
differentiation.

Regards

Peter Knowles

--