Strange random crashes on Athlon/Linux platform

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Sat Apr 28 14:02:29 BST 2001

Hi,

I had the same error messages for some my Molpro jobs (each time in the
other place for the same job), and in my case it was the faulty mainboard.
I just got my computer from the service with the new mainboard and now all
seems to be O.K., but I need to make more tests. Did you try the
combination your CPU+other mainboard? You can establish this way whether
your CPU is O.K. or not. Besides, I heard that >1Gz Athlons need a good
heat sink, and overheating can also result in a random generation of
errors (this is the experience of my brother who's hobby is overclocking
CPU's).

Best wishes,

Tatiana Korona