general basis set input

Charles Edwin Webster webster at mail.chem.tamu.edu
Fri Aug 31 22:16:05 BST 2001

first, thanks for the quick response and the help...

second, i still have not been able to get the input to
work correctly.  (besides, i also really want one to
work for cartesians... for convenience.)

i'm using 2000.1.  this version must be the problem
because i used your (Tatiana's) exact input and got
this in the output (which is different from what she
sent me):

 Library entry H    S DZ                   selected for orbital group  1
 Library entry N    S cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  2
 Library entry N    P cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  2
 Library entry N    D cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  2
 Library entry N    S cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  3
 Library entry N    P cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  3
 Library entry N    D cc-pVDZ              selected for orbital group  3

 NUMBER OF PRIMITIVE AOS:          58
 NUMBER OF SYMMETRY AOS:           56
 NUMBER OF CONTRACTIONS:           32   (  18A1  +   6B1  +   6B2  +   2A2  )

 NUMBER OF CORE ORBITALS:           2   (   2A1  +   0B1  +   0B2  +   0A2  )

 NUMBER OF VALENCE ORBITALS:        9   (   5A1  +   2B1  +   2B2  +   0A2  )

without any other suggestions, i'll have to get up
to 2000.8 installed and try again...

thanks again,
charles