Memory problems at DEC alpha

Peter Knowles peterk at tc.bham.ac.uk
Fri May 4 14:29:33 BST 2001

This is almost certainly a system problem. Can you run a simple
program that dynamically allocates this amount of memory using malloc
or similar?
Dr. Pablo Wessig wrote at 14:26 on 4 May 2001:
 > Dear MOLPRO users,
 > we have a serious problem using MOLPRO at DEC alpha machines (OSF 4.0). It
 > is impossible to use more then 10 MW = 80 MB memory, no matter, how much
 > memory is installed. Jobs with memory requests > 10MW always die with the
 > message "Failure in attempting memory allocation of..."
 > Does anybody know the reason for this malfunction?
 > Thanks for any help.
 > P. Wessig

 >   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Pablo Wessig
 >   Institut fuer Chemie
 >   Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin
 >   Hessische Str. 1-2
 >   D-10115 Berlin
 >   Tel. 030/20937 275
 >   Fax. 030/20936 940
 >   e-mail:  Pablo=Wessig at rz.hu-berlin.de
 >   www:     http://141.20.79.96/wessig
 >
 >   Please do not use the following e-mail address:
 >   wessig at pro122lin.chemie.hu-berlin.de

Prof. Peter J. Knowles
Email P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk  Phone +44-121-414-7472  Fax +44-121-414-7471
School of Chemistry, Univ. of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK.
WWW http://www.tc.bham.ac.uk/~peterk/