installation problem

owner-molprouser at tc.bham.ac.uk owner-molprouser at tc.bham.ac.uk
Fri May 11 09:06:32 BST 2001

Hi,
I have problems to install MOLPRO on a new IBM machine of our center.

I made, a few months ago, an installation of MOLPRO on a IBM SP3 machine

almost without any problem.
It is an IBM RS/6000 SP Nighthawk with  8 Power3 processors.

This time, the new machine is a biger one, but on the same model.
It is 10 nodes of 16 Power3 processors + 2 nodes of 8 procs for the IO.
The problem occurs very rapidly in the "configure" script.
I can't get the variable $machine  with the "getmachine" script.
The execution of "machine.exe" in the script "getmachine" returns
nothing.
That's why "configure" stops at line ~60.

It so difficult to see what's going on in the unix.c (which contributes
the executable "machine.exe"),  and all this installation procedure is
so
complicated, that I don't know how to do now.

Do you maybe have an idea ?
Thanks a lot
Catherine ROULT

| Catherine ROULT (LINDER)    | Assistance I.D.R.I.S.       |
| email : roult at idris.fr      | Bâtiment 506 - BP 167       |
| Tél   : 01 69 35 85 69      | 91403 ORSAY Cedex (France)  |