Compiling Molpro with Intel F. Compiler ?! (fwd)

H.-J. Werner werner at tc2.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 16 08:54:17 GMT 2001

This is not tested and not supported by us.
We use and recommend the Portland pgf90 compiler.
For P4 and athlon, we also recommend to use the atlas blas library
http://www.netlib.org/atlas
According to my experience, the prebuilt libs
 atlas3.3.0_Linux_P4SSE2.tgz
 atlas3.2.1_Linux_ATHLON256.tgz
work fine and are very fast. To use these, you have to specify
in configure
 -L  blasdir -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas
where blasdir is the directory holding the atlas lib.
H.-J. Werner

> Hello !
>
> Is there a possibility to compile Molpro with the Intel Fortran
> Compiler for LINUX ?
>
> We plan to use Molpro on a Pentium 4 machine.
>
> We compiled Molpro with some minor modifications in the code,
> but linking failed due to unresolved references in the license
> object.
>
> Could you help us ?
>
> Bye
> Elmar Gerwalin

> Elmar Gerwalin ,   University of Kaiserslautern,Germany
>                    Dept. of Theoretical Chemistry
>                    http://iris2.chemie.uni-kl.de
>                    elg at chemie.uni-kl.de    0631-205-2749

Prof. Hans-Joachim Werner