CASSCF & MRCI geometry optimization and frequencies calculations

Aleksey Kuznetsov kuznetsov at cc.usu.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:39:32 GMT 2001

Dear Molpro Users,

I'm still trying to do geometry optimization and frequencies calculations
for Li2O C2V structure (1B1 state), using the following structure of input
file:

***, li2o
memory,8,M
geometry={O;Li1,O,r;Li2,O,r,Li1,alpha}
r=1.83 angstrom;
alpha=105;
gprint,orbitals,civector,pairs
basis=6-311+g*
uhf;occ,5,1,2,0;closed,4,0,2,0;wf,14,2,2;
multi;occ,7,2,3,1;closed,2,0,1,0;core,2,0,1,0;wf,14,2,0;maxiter,300;
ci,wf,14,2,0;maxiter,100,100;
optg,maxiter=100,gaussian;
frequencies;
print,low,img;
put,molden,li2o_C2V_1B1.log

But this job fails in the beginning of the geometry optimization, giving in
log-file the following message:

?START RECORD 2140.2 CORRESPONDS TO DIFFERENT GEOMETRY
ERROR EXIT

Could anybody please explain me what the problem is? Is my input for
geometry optimizations under CASSCF and MRCI correct or should it be changed
somehow?

Thank you very much in advance.

Yours Sincerely,

Aleksey Kuznetsov.