Specify p-space configs in rs2

Paolo Celani celani at indy4.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Oct 2 14:57:52 BST 2001

If you cannot optimize your state even with 90 configurations in the
p-space, I guess
the problem might lie somewhere else and I advice you to try the
following.
There is the possibility in RS2 to optimize any number of reference
states and
then select the ones for which you want to perform RS2 calculations.
This is obtained with variable nstati.
nstati is normally set to the maximum state specified in the STATE card
but you can
set it to any number by adding the following card to your input:

option,nstati=10

This will evaluate 10 reference wavefunctions (you said that when asking
for 10 roots
the RS2 code behaves correctly) and then you can specify the roots that
you want as
you did before.

Let me know if this works.

Bye