RPM

Scott Delinger scott.delinger at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 17 00:14:22 BST 2001

We've installed the binary (RPM) distro of molpro2000.1 onto 1.333
GHz Athlon-C w/1.5 GB SDRAM, RedHat Linux 7.0 (Guiness) with a
2.2.19-7.0.8 based kernel compiled for 2 GB physical RAM.

MOLPRO seems to only address a limited amount of the memory: we can
add a MEMORY statement to 67 Mwords, but the same job will not run if
Memory is set to 68M or more. Was this a conscious decision when the
compilation prior to an RPM wrapup was performed?

Is my only choice to compile from scratch? If so, I understand future
versions will require PGF. Can I successfully compile the base under
gcc, and if so, do you have a "pet" version of gcc considered most
likely to work?
--

Scott L. Delinger, Ph.D.		IT Administrator
Department of Chemistry
scott.delinger at ualberta.ca