memory mapped files

Ludger Palm Ludger.Palm at lrz-muenchen.de
Mon Oct 22 08:08:58 BST 2001

Dear MOLPRO users,

does MOLPRO (specifically MOLPRO 2000.9 on IBM Power3)
use memory mapped files?

If yes, how can I influence which kind of memory mapped
files are used and how much of the physical memory is
used?

Background:
On a machine with four processors, I use one and three
are used by other users. My MOLPRO job fills up the
memory with its files but commands like ls don't show
these files. Thus, there is little or no control for
me or even the operating system, about how many of the
ressources my job uses. This leeds to conflicts with the
other user's jobs.

Ludger Palm