Use of Point charges

Peter Knowles P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 16:25:49 BST 2002

The manual is unfortunately unclear, and this is a reflection of the
fact that this section is slighly outdated. Unfortunately also, the
LAT input code has not kept pace with other reorganizations of the
geometry input. It is, however, still possible to use it by using the
construction

geometry={mg}
int
lat,1,2,3,0.001
rhf

LAT has to come after INT, which is otherwise normally not needed.
Note also (again for historical reasons) you should specify only the
symmetry-unique lattice points; the others are generated
automatically.

One day this will be improved, but no promises, I'm afraid.

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
Email P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk  Phone +44-121-414-7472  Fax +44-121-414-7471