MCSCF difficulties

Nathan DeYonker nate at atossa.ccqc.uga.edu
Fri Dec 6 21:27:36 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

Perhaps I am not reading my outputs closely enough, but I am wondering if
there is a way to print the coefficients of the various important
configurations of an MCSCF calculation. Using the pspace, ref, and ref1
options for iprint and print don't seem to give me the relevant
information.

Also, when I try to run a SA-MCSCF geometry optimization, I get the
following error after the intial multi calcluation

CORE ORBITAL RECORD NOT SPECIFIED

here's my input:

***, FeCN 4-d w/wacht optfreq
file,2,FeCNwacmopt4d.wfu,new
file,3,FeCNwacmopt4d.aux,new
fn=1.9809475,nc=1.1672709
geometry={angstrom
          fe
          c,fe,fn
          n,c,nc,fe,180.0}

basis={wachters/dzp removed for readability}
rhf;occ,12,4,4,1;closed,10,3,3,0;wf,39,1,3;shift,-.5

multi
maxiter,15
core,8.1,2.2,3.3,0.4;
start,2100.2;
wf,39,1,3;
state,1;
wf,39,4,3;
state,1;
iprint,ref1;
print,pspace,orbitals,natorb;
noextra
expec2,lzz;

GRADTYP=CADPAC
optg;
core,8,2,3,0;

any help is appreciated!

  Nathan DeYonker              | phone: 706 542-2067
  Ctr. for Comp. Quantum Chem. | fax:   706 542-0406
  University of Georgia        | e-mail: nate at ccqc.uga.edu
  Athens, GA  30602-2556       | http://zopyros.ccqc.uga.edu