Reading exported orbitals

Ioannis Kerkines jkerkin at cc.uoa.gr
Fri Feb 8 14:18:01 GMT 2002

Dear Molpro-ers,

Back in October, I had asked the Molpro list about some problems I had
trying to use the EXPORT command. After following the suggestion to
forget about this command, I used the command PUT,MOLDEN instead, and
installed the patch 2000.1.molden for higher accuracy, in order to be able
to reconstruct the density matrix.

I encounter a problem using this approach. Molden can only read up to f
(l=3) functions, and according to this, Molpro dumps only these orbitals.
However, I am trying to dump the orbitals from a cc-pVQZ calculation which
contains g functions, as well. These coefficients are not printed at all
of course.

I would like to ask if anyone could give me any hints on what changes
should be made in the source (/src/argos/intface.f file), in order to
print in the Molden input file the g (and maybe also the higher h and i
functions as well). I would also appreciate if any of the authors could
inform me on what convention is used in the normalization of the AOs and
the ordering of components, i.e. (in my case) when using the cartesian
components xxxx, xxxy, etc.

I still use the Molpro 2000.1 version.

Best regards,
Ioannis