large files under RedHat 7.2

Thomas Weber thw at chemie.uni-kl.de
Mon Feb 25 09:12:18 GMT 2002

Am Freitag, 22. Februar 2002 19:43 schrieben Sie:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:07:18 +0100 (CET) Elmar Gerwalin wrote:
>
> Elmar> - use ext2 fs (not reiserfs) on that filesystem !
>
> Why is that? reiserfs-3.6 supports 17.6 TB files:
> ,----
>
> | http://www.namesys.com/features.html
>
> `----

We are using SuSE 7.2 and it formats partitions with reiserfs-3.5. Our first
tests with large files were some times ago. So we are using ext2 since this
time.

That's the reason for his statement and reiserfs-3.6 should work.

mfg
Thomas.

Thomas Weber,  University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
                   Dept. of Theoretical Chemistry
                   http://iris2.chemie.uni-kl.de
                   thw at chemie.uni-kl.de    0631-205-2064