Spin Orbit Contraction

Kirk Peterson ng570 at talisker.emsl.pnl.gov
Thu Jul 11 21:29:53 BST 2002

Daniel,

as it says in the error message, general contractions (like those used
in the cc-pVnZ basis sets) are not supported.  The most straightforward
workaround is to just segment this basis set by duplicating the primitives
and using the contraction coefficients as given in the library. You'll
have to switch to a input-style basis set definition (instead of the
library one you've used below).  Hope that helps.

best wishes,

Kirk

PS - of course, the most straightforward is to just use the cc-pVQZ basis
set completely uncontracted (note: ghi functions are also not supported).

basis={spdf,Li,vqz;}

--

Kirk A. Peterson
Associate Professor