TRANH problem (bug?)

Ronen Shai sronen at post.tau.ac.il
Fri Nov 1 22:18:10 GMT 2002

Hello,
According to the manual TRANH,n with n>-1 can be used for a calculation of
transition hamiltonian matrix elements in a TRANS calculation.

I tried it with the input below. What I want to compute is the
hamiltonian between to electronic states. The result should be  zero if
they are eigenstates. However the program exits with ab error (output
below).

What causes the problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Shai Ronen

P.S: I used MOLPRO version 2000.1

set,r,2.2
geometry={c;n,c,r}   ! CN molecule
rhf;occ,5,1,1;wf,13,1,1;

multi;occ,6,2,2;closed,2;
wf,13,1,1;state,2               ! Compute two states
ci;noexc;state,2;save,6002.2;
ci;trans,6002.2;tranh,2         ! <1|H|2> should be zero.

The output is:

1PROGRAM * CI (Multireference internally contracted CI)     Authors: H.-J.
Werner, P.J. Knowles, 1987

   Transition moment calculation

 Ket wavefunction restored from record 6002.2 to file 8
 Bra wavefunction restored from record 6002.2 to file 7

 ERROR IN LESW, FILE 6 RECORD  4006 NOT FOUND

 ERROR EXIT

Command exited with non-zero status 2
2.37user 0.66system 0:03.04elapsed 99%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
0maxresident)k