Too Many Active Orbitals?

Peter Knowles P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 17:45:41 BST 2003

Yes, the number of closed+active (mrci, rs2) or active (mcscf, rs2c)
orbitals can be at most half of the number of bits in an integer
(integers are used to store patterns with 2 bits per active
orbital). Apologies that this is not clearly stated in the manual.

Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
Email P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk  Phone +44-121-414-7472  Fax +44-121-414-7471