Anion calculation???

Gutowski, Maciej S maciej.gutowski at pnl.gov
Tue Jul 8 18:09:06 BST 2003

Dear Daniel,

The nubmer of electrons is determined through the "wf" directive. It
specifies how many electrons are in the system, irrep, and multiplicity.
In the case of SCF for a dipole-bound anion it is usually advantageous
to start the calculation for the SCF orbitals of the neutral. Otherwise,
it is hard to optimize the wave function.

Thanks, Maciek
Maciej Gutowski
staff scientist
Molecular Interactions & Transformations
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
tel. (509) 375 4387