Opteron 64 bit processor compatibility

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 12 15:48:32 BST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 03:48, Nick Wilson wrote:
> The Portland Group announced that they will be producing a fortran90
> compiler for the opteron
> http://www.pgroup.com/news/
> so that is one of the major obstacles out of the way. I imagine that
> there will be some other things to iron out but we won't know until
> someone ports to one of these machines.

Also, FYI, NAG has a F95 compiler for Opteron right now:

http://www.nag.co.uk/show_article.asp?articleID=298

Now, I don't know if NAGware + Molpro get along, but I thought I'd put
it out there.

Of course, I think I'll just wait for IFC for Opteron...what?...oohh,
right...

Matt (who also must wait until he actually *has* an Opteron)
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good