Parallel Molpro won't run on >1 node!

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 26 20:34:55 BST 2003

Molpro-list Users:

A big thanks to Elmar Gerwalin and Andreas Nicklass for their help with
my "Connection refused" problem.  It turns out the error was that rsh
had not been symlinked to ssh on every compute node.  Since I never use
by hand rsh, I never experienced this.  tcgmsg, however, uses rsh and
had problems.

So, one problem down, infinite to go.  Now I can use every node just
great, but in SEWARD about a second after the program starts I get this:

 Contracted 2-electron integrals neglected if value below      1.0D-11
 0:rcv_remote: type=30000, from=2, to=0, len=173056, tag=573
rcv_remote: type mismatch ... strong typing enforced

 ERROR EXIT
 CURRENT STACK:      INT  MAIN

This is way beyond anything I've ever seen.  I don't even know what
"strong typing" is.  The error comes from tcgmsg/ipcv4.0/snd.c
lines 221 and/or 852.  FYI, my GA is the version as of Jun 17 and was
made by:

make TARGET=LINUX FC=ifc.

Does anyone have any experience with this error?  It apparently happened
to an NWChem user, but no solution was replied.

Thank you all for your help and patience with a cluster newbie.

Respectfully yours,
Matt Thompson
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good