Building on Enterprise Linux 3

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 11 18:12:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 09:47, Gershom Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you probably all know, RedHat is in the process of phasing out Red
> Hat Linux and
> inducing customers to transition to Enterprise Linux 3 (a for-pay
> product,
> apparently a souped-up RedHat 9). As it happens, we have a site license
> for that.
>
> Now: on a dual Pentium Xeon (3.0 GHz) box with RH Enterprise 3 and the
> Intel compilers installed, I ran ./configure -mpp and got the error
> message:

I just noticed that you use Intel compilers too.  This might be an
ifc/RH9 bugaboo as well.  They only very recently starting working under
RH 9 (= RHEL3 in most ways) and I think you need a support licence to
get that upgrade:

http://intel.forums.liveworld.com/thread.jsp?forum=121&thread=300000155
and other IFC Forum Posts.

If you don't have a support licence, this may need IFC 8.0 in December.

Matt
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/