RHF Oribtals Order bug?

Shai Ronen sronen at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Sep 30 00:23:07 BST 2003

Hello,

In a calculation of RHF for a doublet open shell system, I noted some orbitals were not ordered correctly by the orbital energy. Is this a bug (if yes I can supply the code)?

In a subsequent MCSCF I declare closed,14,9,4,2 and the RHF orbitals 13.1,14.1  have this problem (they are  higher in energy then 15.1-17.1 !). Can this cause a problem?

I also noted sometimes (in other cases, other systems) their is energy ordering problem in the MCSCF natural orbitals.

Many Thanks,
Shai Ronen

Shai Ronen
School of Chemistry