[molpro-user] P-space

A. Metropoulos arimet at eie.gr
Tue Apr 20 16:50:20 BST 2004

I would appreciate  it if a molpro expert could help me with the following
problem:
I run a MCSCF calculation  on  a triatomic molecule  using the 2002.6 version
and get the error message:

NOT ENOUGH SYMMETRY ADAPTED P-SPACE CONFIGURATIONS
FOUND.  LAST THRESHOLD  TRIED: 1.60

I run  exactly the same calculation using the 2000.1 version without any
problem.

In both cases, the CSF's are  94866, the determinants 196506  and  the
intermediate states 392040.  The symmetry is Cs, the geometry is linear.

This error  has  appeared in other  cases as well.   Is  there some additional
parameter that  must  be specified in the 2002.6 version?

Many thanks,
A. Metropoulos

Dr. Aristophanes Metropoulos
Institute for Theoretical and Physical Chemistry
National Hellenic Research Foundation
48 Vass. Constantinou Ave.
Athens 11635, Greece
Tel.: ++ (30210) 7273805