[molpro-user] Molpro not clearing memory

Charles Edwin Webster webster at mail.chem.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 10 18:10:12 BST 2004

dear jesse,

use "ipcs" and "ipcrm" (which are used to display and clean up
shared memory from applications, ipc=inter-process
communication).

(G-XX uses a csh script named 'clearipc' to use ipc commands
to clean up memory.)

issue the command 'ipcs', which will give a list of memory
allocations.  use the shmid to remove them with 'ipcrm'.

######

$ ipcrm
usage: ipcrm {shm | msg | sem} id ...

e.g.,

$ipcs

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch     status
0x00000000 1146883    user    777        393216     2          dest

$ ipcrm shm 1146883
resource(s) deleted

######

charles