[molpro-user] Molpro on aix 5.2

Kadir Diri kadir at visual1.chem.pitt.edu
Tue Jun 1 06:38:26 BST 2004

Hello Molpro users!
I was trying to compile Molpro 2002.6 on an IBM RS6000  Power 3 machine
running AIX 5.2, and the xlf compiler.
The configuration script complains that it cannot detect my operating
system. Among the options that can be passed to the script I don`t see
anything about an operating system. Here is the beginning of the output
when I run configure:

# ./configure
getmachine was unable to identify your operating system correctly.
make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target machine.exe from
dependencies.
Stop.
make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or
specify a target.
./configure[109]: utilities/machine.exe:  not found.

What is the proper way of dealing with that problem?
Thanks in advance!

kadir