(fwd) [molpro-user] CI vector: the role of the observer (?)

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 10 08:45:55 BST 2004

In the first case, the program uses Slater determinants as a basis,
which is the default. In this case, (-) means beta spin and (+) alpha
spin. If you save the reference vector for later use in mrci, CSFs
have to be used, and the program automatically switches to this
(same as giving the CONFIG directive). In this case, a genealogical spin
coupling scheme is used, and +/- corresponds to going up or down in
the branching diagram (to be read from left to right).
Joachim Werner
----- Forwarded message from Tim Robinson <tim at loki.otago.ac.nz> -----