[molpro-user] problems with reading RYSRW

Dr Seth OLSEN s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 11 02:05:20 GMT 2004

Hello Molpro-Users!

Thanks to all of you who helped with the 'make' problem earlier - it appears that compress/uncompress was not included in my Linux distribution.  The make now proceeds without error messages.  However, when I run the test suite a good number of the jobs fail with the following alarm:

rdabsf: Error in reading from file /home/seth/molpro_download/molpro2002.6/lib/R
YSRW (unit 22), 1 words at word offset 134588021

It is unclear to me if this is connected with the previous problem (since one of the files to be uncompressed was rysrw.ascii.Z).  The results of ls -l in the 'lib' directory for RYSRW gives

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 32 Nov 10 18:29 RYSRW

I'm examining the makefile and output from the tests etc. to try and determine what this file does and why it is not being read correctly.  It seems the permissions are ok and I'm running all the tests as superuser, so I imagine that this means that something that should be in the file is not.  I've included the output of 'make' and the standard output of 'make test' (as well as the gzipped report) as attachments.  Can anyone shed light on this?

Cheers,

Seth Olsen

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Systems Biology Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms