[molpro-user] changing compilers to build MolPro

Dr Seth OLSEN s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 19 06:34:12 GMT 2004

Dear Molpro-Users,

I would like to test whether an earlier version of the ifc compiler will work, however I am having difficulty getting the configure utility to recognize the new compiler.  I have added the new directory (/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/bin) to my PATH and I have set IA32ROOT=/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32.  However, when I run 'configure', the output still reports the use of version 8.  If I put the new directory at the _beginning_ of my path, configure quits, reporting that it is unable to determine my operating system correctly.  Does anyone have any insight as to what I must do to configure molpro with the alternate compiler?

Cheers,

Seth

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Systems Biology Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms