[molpro-user] Itanium machine

S. V. K. Kumar svkk at tifr.res.in
Mon Oct 18 14:10:17 BST 2004

I am planning to buy a dual processor Itanium machine to work with MOLPRO. I
am thinking of HP rx2600-2 server with 1.5 GHz Itanium 2 processors, 24GB
RAM and 438GB storage. If you have any suggestions on the hardware I am
willing to consider it. Please advice me which is best operating system to
go with it. Can I use both the processors for a single job. I would
appreciate if you can send me some bench marks.

At the moment I am running MOLPRO on a Mandrake Linux machine and we have a
site license for MOLPRO.

S. V. K. Kumar

Prof. S. V. K. Kumar
PAM Laboratory