[molpro-user] Shared memory problem using RPMs

Nick Wilson WilsonNT at Cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 20:03:41 BST 2004

Scott,

molpro checks that the machine returned by gethostname is in the node
list. There is a --mpirun-nolocal flag to molpro but I'm not sure if
this is the right thing to disable this. If you can't get gethostname to
return the same name that pbs uses then alternatively you can either use
the -N flag to specify the nodelist, or use sed to edit $PBS_NODEFILE in
your job script.

Opteron build instructions are here:
http://www.molpro.net/supported/opteron.php

The portland compiler (5.1 or 5.2) works fully in parallel. 5.2 is
quicker than 5.1. If you're using version 5.2 of the portland compiler
then make sure the same flags are being used when building global arrays
and within molpro.

The intel premier support page has just released version 8.1 of the
intel compiler which has the EM64 technology which is analagous to
x86_64 so can produce 64bit code which runs on opteron. I've produced a
working serial executable but configure doesn't work yet and you have to
tweak the CONFIG file. I haven't yet tried to build global arrays with
this compiler.

The pathscale compiler http://www.pathscale.com also works in serial but
not yet in parallel. I will backport the configuration for this onto
2002.6 soon.

Some benchmark numbers here:
http://www.molpro.net/benchmark/bench.cgi?fields=wall&fields=total&fields=xhost&nompp=1&nothroughput=1

Nick Wilson