[molpro-user] Error Linking Molpro - SGI Altix 350 Itanium2

Joseph Lane jlane at alkali.otago.ac.nz
Thu Apr 7 22:34:14 BST 2005

Just to let everybody know I have now compiled Molpro 2002.6 parallel. It
turns out that the error I was getting when trying to link

/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libcxa.so.6: undefined reference to `_ReadULEB'
/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libcxa.so.6: undefined reference to `_ReadSLEB'

Was due to a conflicting package (libunwind-0.96-3) installed by SGI
before delivery. This package was installed in a default location and as
such the compiler was using this library instead of the correct library
supplied with the compilers

i.e. it was using

/usr/lib/linbunwind.*

instead of

opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libunwind.so.6

If this problem occurs again, create a tar file with all files and
symbolic links to libunwind* in a safe location away from any default
paths (i.e. within a home directory). Remove all libunwind* files from
their original location and recompile. If you feel the need you can
restore the files back from the tar file, although you will need to repeat
this process should you need to recompile any other package that requires
libunwind.so.*

I know this sounds like a bit of a hack but I was advised by SGI that the
libunwind package is obsolete with ProPack 3 Service Pack 4 onwards.

Thankyou for all your help

Kind regards

--
Joseph Lane