[molpro-user] why casscf not converge in an opt calculation in molpro

Dr Seth OLSEN s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 7 11:14:08 BST 2005

Hi,

MolPro automatically ramps up the convergence criteria when it sees
that gradients are going to be calculated.  Just be happy you're not
optimizing a conical intersection, in my experience that can cause a
lot of frustration.  (10^-5 gradient and 10^-7 energy, I believe,
which is 4 orders and 2 orders of magnitude tighter convergence than
the default).

Cheers,

Seth

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Systems Biology Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms