[molpro-user] SO ECPs and Hydrogen

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.Colorado.EDU
Fri Jun 3 00:31:35 BST 2005

A colleague presented me with an interesting problem with Molpro
recently.  He wanted to do a SO calculation of PtH.  As Pt+Molpro = ECP
  (see the available bases), he chose the ECP60MWB as, I believe, it has
an SO ECP, and 6311G for H.

The problem occurs when you try a ci;hlsmat,ecp calculation you get an
Exit 2 with:

  Spin-Orbit Integrals ECPLSX not found

  ERROR EXIT
  CURRENT STACK:      CIINP  CIPRO  MAIN

Now, my guess as to this error was that it was looking for an SO ECP for
hydrogen.  Now, of course you can't have any ECP for hydrogen, so the
question becomes, can you ever do an X-H SO calculation using
hlsmat,ecp?  Or, does the MWB ECP just not have an SO ECP (it is hard to
tell from the basis itself)?

Thank you for any help,
Matt Thompson
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/