[molpro-user] RASSCF - Defining active space

David Ambrosek ambrosek at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 6 18:05:08 BST 2005

Dear Molpro Users,

I have run an scf calculation on a large molecule and have analyzed
the orbitals. This was done in order to pick the orbitals that I would
like to have in my active space, since I can not do a complete active
space calculation. Now I would like to run a RASSCF
calculation using the program 'multi' with the orbitals I have picked
out.

The occupied orbitals are defined via OCC so I included

OCC,32,14

for the A' and A'' symmetries in the Cs point group. The closed orbitals
which do not form part of the active space was written as

CLOSED,27,11

Now I would like to tell the program that my active space in the A'
symmetry is composed of 9 orbitals, and that for the A'' is composed of 5.
On top of that I would like to define the orbitals that make up that
active space. How do I do this?

Thank you in advance for the help,
David