[molpro-user] Installation on Sun Sparc w/ Solaris 9, Sun Studio v.8

Nick Wilson WilsonNT at Cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:52:28 GMT 2005

Dear Seth,

I just tried both options and they delivered the tarball containing all
the patches but if those aren't working for you then try:

  wget --http-user=xxxxx --http-passwd=xxxxxxxx -O \
   molpro.patches.2002.6.tar.gz \
'http://www.molpro.net/download?component=patches&version=2002.6&option=confirm'

and that should deliver the tarball. Then do:
  mkdir -p $HOME/.molpro/cache/2002.6
  tar -C $HOME/.molpro/cache/2002.6/ -zxf molpro.patches.2002.6.tar.gz
and you should then be able to do:
  ./patcher --local
to install all the patches.

If the lack of connectivity is due to firewalling then you can sometimes
access SSL websites. If you have an SSL enabled wget and can do:
  wget https://www.molpro.net
from the machine then there are some other options available.

Best wishes,
Nick